How important is dryer vent cleaning?
Dryer Vent Cleaning Is critical to safely maintaining your home. In 2010-2014, U.S. municipal fire departments responded to an estimated 15,970 home fires involving clothes dryers or washing machines each year. These fires resulted in annual losses estimated at 13 civilian deaths, 440 civilian injuries, and $238 million in direct property damage.
Facts and figures
- Clothes dryers accounted for 92% of the fires; washing machines 4%, and washer and dryer combinations accounted for 5%.
- The leading factor contributing to the ignition of home fires involving clothes dryers was failure to clean, accounting for one-third (33%) of dryer fires.
- Fires involving clothes dryers usually started with the ignition of something that was being dried or was a byproduct (such as lint) of drying.
Source: Nation Fire Protection Association http://www.nfpa.org/
It is recommended that dryer vents be cleaned annually or more often if it takes longer than normal for your close to dry. We offer a discount on dryer vent cleaning When you schedule the service with air duct cleaning. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
*We do not service second story or higher rooftop Dryer Vents.
Schedule dryer vent cleaning immediately if you observe any of the following:
- Clothes taking longer than normal to dry.
- A mildew smell found in clothes.
- The laundry room is unusually hot.
- Waste is observed at the external dryer vent.
- Condensation leaking from behind dryer or anywhere adjoining dryer exhaust duct.
- Poor airflow at outside vent.